Friday, April 26, 2013

W- Wakey, Wakey


Naaah. I don't really say that to my kids to get them out of bed, but I needed a W post and since today's ice cream is Coffee Chocolate Chip (and C was a really long time ago) I decided to get a little kitchy with my words. Or maybe it's almost the end of the A to Z and I'm low on letter options.... I'll go with the former.
About 20 years ago when I started drinking coffee, a family friend to me to flavor coffee with cream and sugar so it tastes like coffee ice cream. Excellent advice. Now, I still do the same, but my coffee is almost always flavored. Have you ever smelled chocolate flavored coffee? Delish. So, to that end, we have Wakey Wakey ice cream which is coffee with chocolate chunks. A dessert that combines my favorite morning flavors. Enjoy!

Wakey Wakey Ice Cream

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup whole milk
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon coffee extract
1/2 cup chocolate chunks

What's Next:
Place sugar in a large bowl.
Add milk and coffee extract and mix with a wire whisk or electric hand mixer until sugar is dissolved.
Add heavy cream and mix until combined.
Place in freezer bowl of ice cream maker and process for 20-25 minutes.
When just about set, add the chocolate chunks and process for another 5 minutes.
Place in container and place in freezer until fully set.

5 comments:

  1. I love coffee ice cream and with chocolate . . . well, enough said! Tracy, here's a personal question: I am publishing a culinary mystery this summer(under another name). Do you ever do book reviews or guest interviews or some such thing? I would love to let your readers know about my stories with recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to say that me ALL the time. I think I'd prefer the ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...chocolate flavored coffee sounds almost as good as coffee flavored chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. where did you get that beautiful mug? maybe a gift from someone special?
    love the idea for ice cream-sometimes I put ice cream in my coffee when out of 1/2 and 1/2

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds absolutely delicious. I don't make ice cream but wish I did to try this out!

    Mary Montague Sikes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!