Saturday, April 20, 2013

R- Really Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream

I added chocolate chips to this batch.

I'm a bit of a pumpkin freak in the fall. I puree my own pumpkin and make whatever I can with it. This past fall, I tried Pumpkin Ice Cream because the sticker shock of the versions in the grocery store sent me into a Rage. So, here is a Recipe for Really Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream.

Really Easy Pumpkin Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2/ cups whole milk
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 cups pumpkin puree (if you don't make  your own, then make sure you don't use pumpkin pie filling- it's a totally different thing!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

What's Next:
Combine sugar, spices and milk in a large bowl. Mix with either a wire whisk or electric mixer until sugar dissolves.
Add pumpkin puree and mix.
Add heavy cream and mix until well combined.
Pour into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker and process for 25-30 minutes until thick.
Pour into smaller containers and freeze for a few hours for firmer consistency.

7 comments:

  1. I've never thought to make pumpkin ice cream. Its usually so cold here by then, I'm thinking of warm things. This would make a great treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so trying this! I love making new flavored ice-cream. I once made watermelon and everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it's amazingly delicious! Yummy! So do lots of the other recipes. Thanks for taking the time to put these up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great for "pumpkin season," which for me starts around October and ends after the holidays... we love a little pumpkin ice cream around our house, and homemade is extra-fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I would never have thought to create pumpkin ice cream. Do you eat it with something specifically or just by itself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another yum. My family isn't wild about it though. I can get them to eat eggnog ice cream during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm.. Pumpkin ice cream is really good with a little rum in it. Have you tried?

    AJ Lauer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!