Tuesday, April 16, 2013

N- Never Say Never For An Experiment

I really wish white chocolate chips came in a mini size! So much better for ice cream

And I'm talking about ice cream experiments here.
Having fun with flavors or perhaps meeting a challenge is half the fun of having an ice cream machine. The other half is eating the ice cream.
I've had my machine for almost a year and it's been nothing but fun. I have experimented with cinnamon, peppermint, and orange extract, all sorts of chips of different flavors and sizes (white chocolate, chunks, mini chips), and several kinds of fruit options. I've made mistakes along the way but have rarely made anything inedible, except for that time there was an uncontrolled amount of vanilla added to the batch by child number #3 who was helping.
I'm halfway through the challenge, have a freezer with way too much ice cream in it, and am still coming up with new ideas for flavors. I can't say that 26 letters are too few for covering all the possibilities, but all this posting has certainly motivated me to keep trying new experiments with flavors. I just need more letters  time.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this. If you lived in my town I'd help you out with that freezer challenge:D

    Glad you're still experimenting every day-and we're had some generous vanilla in our cooking. Vanilla and salt are now only adult pour approved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I think I may have just found my favorite topic of the entire challenge!! I *love* to make icecream! Our favorite is vanilla icecream with Disaronno and almond slivers. So good!

    AJ Lauer
    #atozchallenge helper minion
    Twitter: @ayjaylauer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!