Monday, April 15, 2013

M- Mixed Berry Pie Ice Cream


I'm not much of a baker. If brownies/cakes/cupcakes come in a box- I'm good, but homemade complicated pastries generally leave me somewhat confused and feeling inadequate in my kitchen. However, I can hold my own with a pie. I love making fruit pies and having fun with different fillings. A few summers ago, I made a Mixed Berry Pie which consisted of blueberries, black berries, and raspberries all mixed together, and of course a crumb topping. I used my grandmother's pie plate and well, it was so good, I had some for breakfast the next day too.
So, I got to wondering, could I make a Mixed Berry Pie Ice Cream? I really didn't see why not, and now that berries are (almost) in season, I was able to pick and choose my favorites. My favorite part of a pie is the crumb topping, and I was hoping that sugar cookie pieces covered in cinnamon sugar would hold up to freezing and resemble the crumb topping. As far as the crust goes- there was just no go way to put that in ice cream, so I left it out.
As I compile recipes, I'll include the full recipe but, for the sake of simplicity and the fact that this post is already late for M day, this ice cream is a simple combination of Mixed Berry Ice Cream with cinnamon sugar covered pieces of sugar cookie dough. What does it taste like? Pie with ice cream. Yum!



4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty delightful to me!

    Here from the A-Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, what if you put the pie crust on top as a garnish. I LOVE crust, so that might work. This sounds too delightful. I'll be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds delicious, with nice memories. used the red pie plate last week-nice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!