Monday, April 8, 2013

G- Good Morning Sunshine


I don't know much about Meyer Lemons beyond what I've seen on soap containers. But, while in Fairway one day I saw Meyer Lemons and picked some up. I had no idea of what to do with them, and sticking one in my Corona just seemed like a waste.

Meyer Lemons have a much smoother skin than their traditional lemon cousins. They are more orange-yellow than a bright yellow and the flavor is more bitter than regular lemons. All of that said, they still seemed like a good food to experiment with for my ice creams. I had just made some salted caramel and felt the tart of lemon with the sweet of caramel would be delicious.
The result: Good Morning Sunshine ice cream. The only way to describe this ice cream is bright and sweet. It's awesome with chocolate sauce! And if you want to start your day with ice cream, I won't tell. :)


5 comments:

  1. I'm not a big lemon fan except for a slice in my water. I didn't even know there were different kinds though it makes sense that there is like other fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like heaven!!! Lemon ice cream and dark chocolate hardshell. YUM!!!
    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  3. plant a Meyer Lemon tree-you will have more lemons than you know what do with them.....they have more juice than the lemon ordinaire, try a Meyer Lemon Pie and enjoy. as you know, they have become the designer lemon.
    nice posting
    LRH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across Meyer Lemons in the store for the first time the other day. I almost grabbed some. If I'd had this delicious ice-cream recipe I would have had no choice. I love the name too!

    Have fun with a-z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that sounds like a delicious recipe! I'm not really into choc chip and mint.

    Pauleen at Tropical Territory
    A to Z 2013

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!