Thursday, April 4, 2013

D- Double Chocolate And More


If it were up to my son, he would climb right into the chocolate ice cream and become one with all that is chocolate in this world. So, for him, I make chocolate, chocolate chip ice cream. The chocolate and the chocolate chips are only the first part. After that, he adds chocolate sauce, because well, there must not have been enough chocolate to start with. So, for all you chocolate lovers out there, here is Chocolate Chocolate Chip.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip

Ingredients:
1 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

What's Next:
Place white and brown sugar and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
Add milk and vanilla and stir with a whisk or hand mixer until sugars dissolve.
Add heavy cream and mix some more.
Pour into the freezer bowl of an ice cream maker and process for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, add chocolate chips and continue to process for 5 more minutes.
Place in a container and freeze until solid.

I was going to swirl in some hot fudge, but I apparently ate most if it and there wasn't enough in the jar to make it worth while, but the fun of chocolate is that you can play with it. Plain chocolate, chocolate with white choolate chips, add a swirl of fudge or flavored fudge or even salted caramel.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to make this. Always on the lookout for a great chocolate ice cream recipe! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I must point you in the direction of my friend Nan who is also blogging about tasty treats for A-Z: http://nanmock.blogspot.com/.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with the rest of the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fan of this. I can eat chocolate like it's...it's... well like it's chocolate. I probably eat too much of the stuff.

    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!