Monday, April 1, 2013

A - Applesauce Ice Cream

Go ahead and unscrunch your face. There, doesn't that feel better? And doesn't that look delish?!



Welcome to the A to Z Challenge for 2013! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will continue to do so as I unveil and work my way through an alphabet of ice cream. Yes, I'm attempting to write 26 posts about ice cream including different flavors, perhaps some questions, and definitely a few recipes. On to the letter A and Applesauce Ice Cream.

Applesauce ice cream is actually very tasty. There was such an abundance of apples this past fall I made a ton of applesauce, which I preserved, and has carried us through the dark cold winter days. At one point though, I had so much applesauce in my refrigerator, and not enough jars that I really had to get creative. Hence- the ice cream.

In the spirit of keeping this post relatively short (so you all can hop around to other blogs) here is a photo and the recipe.
Welcome to the A to Z!

Applesauce Ice Cream

Ingredients:
1 cup of whole milk
2/3 cup of sugar
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup of homemade applesauce

What's Next:
Place sugar in a large bowl.
Add milk and stir with a wire whisk or electric hand mixer until sugar dissolves.
Add vanilla and heavy cream. Stir until well combined
Add applesauce and mix together well.
Process in the freezer bowl of an ice cream maker for 25 minutes and then place in container in freezer to harden.

12 comments:

  1. So funny you mention applesauce. I was craving that yesterday. Now as for applesauce ice cream...I've never heard of that before. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked at Friendlies and loved every flavor. Great idea for posts for the challenge. Will check back to see what you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, this looks fabulous. What a perfect way to kick off the A to Z challenge...
    I'm also blogging recipes this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful. I love cooking and recipes. I make all kinds of ice creams, frozen yogurt, and gelato. I will definitely try this one! I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks delicious... Now I'm going to check if there's any ice cream left in my fridge! I'd sure like some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried applesauce ice cream. It sounds strange...and yet delicious. Maybe I'll give it a try :)

    And ice cream is pretty much the best theme ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh. Never would have thought of applesauce ice cream! It actually looks pretty tasty :)

    Great choice!

    ~Anna
    herding cats & burning soup

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds and looks delicious! I will definitely have to try this recipe.

    Stefani @ Dreams of Nyssa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just posted a comment but don't see it here..said I love the idea and can't wait to see what is next.

    LRH

    ReplyDelete
  10. My face was totally scrunched when I read your first line - ha! Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fantastic.

    With a sprinkle of cinnamon on the top, maybe?

    Barbara
    Blogging A to Z at my website

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang, this looks amazing! I'm always looking for more ways to use up apples from our yearly apple picking session. Now I just need to find the perfect homemade applesauce recipe...

    -Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!