Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm Not A Food Blogger, But.....

I have exactly just under 4 months until the A to Z Blogging challenge starts up for 2013. And I'm a bit stuck. Or perhaps a better word is torn.
I learned during last year's challenge that I really love writing flash fiction. I also learned that in order to be successful, I need a plan. I'm a pantser when it comes to writing, but I need a format to follow.
I learned last May how much fun it is to make homemade ice cream. While ice cream and flash fiction really have nothing to do with each other, they are both the subject of my dilemma.
26 alphabetically inspired pieces of flash fiction (I already have some words courtesy of my kids) or.....
26 alphabetically inspired ice cream flavors.
As with any alphabetically inspired project, some letters are easier than others.
For ice cream- the letter C is super easy. There's cinnamon and chocolate and a bazillion variations of both of those. For X- that's tricky. Is Xanthum gum in ice cream? It shouldn't be, but I will really need to get creative about this one.
Even as I write this, I think I'm coming to a decision, or at least my taste buds are. I mean, really, who wouldn't want 26 days of this?:
Coffee Chocolate Chip
Thoughts anyone? Favorite flavors? Ice Cream challenges?????

4 comments:

  1. Is "Xtra Chocolate Chip" a cop out? Xtra is so much better than none!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, ice cream. A month of ice cream wouldn't disappoint me! I'm still flip-flopping on what I want to do for the Challenge next year too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a creamery near us that invents flavors all the time, so I say invent your own ice cream flavor with something that has to do with "x." Is there a fruit that starts with "x?" A brand of chocolate or cinnamon? Gah, who knows!? X is always tricky.

    Speaking of the A-to-Z, thank you for coming by and giving feedback on the co-host questionnaire! And, of course, now the ice cream question makes perfect sense! (Not that it didn't before...who doesn't like ice cream? Other than my husband...)

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you go for the A to Z with ice cream, will you be making the ice cream, too? Because that one sounds like SO MUCH FUN.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!