Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cookielypse!


Shannon over at The Warrior Muse is co-hosting the Choose Your Own Apocalypse blogfest with Chuck over at Apocalypse Now.  The premise is simple: there are many who believe that in accordance with the Mayan calendar,  life as we know it will end on 12/21/2012. What they can't agree on is how. So, Shannon thought a party was in order and as long as it's the party season, I'm in. The rules are simple:
Choose my apocalypse
Tell about how I prepared for my survival amongst everyone else's demise
Describe my apocalypse and how it goes down

And so, here is my apocalypse situation. You'll have to forgive try to understand my humor here- I've been in the kitchen for daaaaaaaaays!

Quick. Over here. I'm writing this from the safety of my basement.
There's been an accident. No, an overtaking. Yes, that's right. An overtaking and I don't think there was anything accidental about it.
Up to my eyeballs in cookies this year, like every other year. I've got trees, people, wreaths, and angels. I can't say who started it, or how, but I think the little guys got tired of me nibbling while cooking. I always eat and cook, so I can't really understand why this time was different.
It was the final two dozen cookies. Or maybe the final 21 since I had grabbed, and eaten, 3 on my way from the drying rack in my dining room to the kitchen.
I was reaching into the fridge for the milk. You know- to go with the cookies. I heard the crumbling, crunching sound of footsteps that obviously were not my own. I was securely placed in front of the fridge moving jars, containers, and endless amounts of butter and eggs to find my milk.
The tree cookies had grown to the size of small conifers- right through to my second floor.
The angels wings came to life and lifted them right off the drying rack.
The wreaths hurled themselves toward me, and I thought for sure one would end up strategically placed right around my body, and not in the fun hula hoop way.
But, the worst was was the cookie people. Walking. No, marching in a straight tight line right toward me.
How did I take care of myself when I was sure imminent demise was on its way to myself and my neighbors?
Milk.
Yes. I headed to the basement, locked the door, and found a steady supply of milk. You know, for the cookies. Wouldn't want Santa to be thirsty and all that. Anyway, it turns out the sugary sweet little guys, or trees or things, don't like milk. Balances out the sugar too much.
So, for now, I'm safe. In my basement with my milk.
Wish me luck! If the world ends, and anyone asks; Yes. I got milk. And NO, never trust a cookie!
They do look tasty though, don't they????

21 comments:

  1. They certainly do look tasty, and if I have to go it might as well be a sugary demise! Perhaps you can coax some gingerbread men into helping you?

    Thank you for participating!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes I can imagine that if you have been baking all month this would be how you would imagine the world ending. I really can't think of a "sweeter" way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make Christmas cookies with my daughter. Thanks for the fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies will certainly help make this day go by faster *I say on my laptop in my own basement, as well* :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely Spritz cookies and I miss not having any this year!

    Visiting from the CYOAB.

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I miss making Christmas cookies, always at the last minute..glad someone is making them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMMMMM, Cookies... thank you!!

    Did we make it?
    My link is dead, I ask again did we make it?
    [Visit my post for that to make sense]

    Great end of the world post!!
    Jeremy [Retro]
    Oh No, Let's Go... Crazy

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you have to go milk and cookies is the way to go
    Have a wonderful holiday with your family and the cookies

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a good Cookielypse, and this was a great one! I hope you have plenty with chocolate chips too.

    Thank you SO MUCH for tweeting my post and for following. That made my day. I'm very glad to return the follow. Your blog is clearly a fun place to be.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cookies sure look delicious. Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    Monti
    Mary Montague Sikes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apocalypse by Christmas cookies - now that is original!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you gotta go, death by cookie is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely, crazily perfect! LOVE it! Totally agree with Alex--most original post I've seen so far. Will definitely come back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. By now the cookies will be regular cookies again I guess and therefore leaving you to reap revenge on the cookies by eating them. The one great weakness of the Apocalyptic Christmas Cookie is that it tastes good. I may eat a few myself over christmas just to make sure there are not too many about . . . . .Just in case.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may have to break out the butter and sugar.....where is that cookie-gun? (it made little trees like the ones in your picture) Haven't made things like that for years!

    Nice way to go, though ......munch...munch....slurp! ;-)

    SueH (I Refuse To Go Quietly!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. C is for cookie, and that's good enough for--my god! They've got me! No! Stop! They're shoving my head into the electric mixer. Someone help! Someone hrbx grvrshm prgaaaaaaaah...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cookies and milk--a fitting end to just about anything. Looks like we've got a lot more days left for a lot more cookies.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  18. >>... Yes. I got milk.

    What I think you "got" was...
    ...into the cooking sherry!

    Ha! That was a cute take on 'The End Of The World'.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that wouldn't be too bad a way to go, surrounded by cookies. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!