Friday, November 2, 2012

Hello. Anybody Home?

Hello writer. It's me, your blog. Remember me?
Hello? Anybody home? I didn't think so.
No, wait. I'm here. I've just been a little, ahem, busy.

Sure. Sure. That's what you said about July.
I know. It happens.

Okay. I'll bite. What were you so busy doing????
Writing. Editing. Writing. Editing. Getting the kids back and settled into school. Starting up a creative writing/partner group.

Okay, so it's not like you've been sitting on the couch eating bon- bons.
I wish, but no. I haven't even been reading as much as I had this summer. But, I'm trying to make more time for that and organize my days a little better. I've even started knitting at night again.

Well, I'm glad to see you're back. How was GUTGAA?
It was an incredible experience, and even though I didn't end up with an agent at the end, I did get some positive feedback from the story I pitched and it's always good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks something is a good idea or a cute story.

Excellent. What's next?
PiBoIdMo, (Picture Book Idea Month) hosted by Tara Lazar. I tried this one last year, but lost steam after about (oooooh, can you see me blushing?) 6 or 7 days.

How's it going so far this year?
Well, it's day 2 and I'm two for two. So far so good. I'm looking to work with new ideas, but I have a theme for back up.

Then I'll let you get back to it, but don't leave me for so long next time. I was getting dusty and stuff.
I won't. Promise.

3 comments:

  1. Funny! I wonder how many things are calling my name? The garden? The laundry? The closets? Sigh, there are too many to mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I feel like I could've written a post with my blog yelling at me for not being around too, lol. Good luck with everything this month! We'll keep your blog warm with comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Tracy! You aren't the only one who let the blog slide this summer, ahem, fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!