Monday, July 23, 2012

Letters From Camp: Swimming

Dear Mom and Dad,
This was a great week at camp! Both A and A began swimming strokes in their swim meets and they each have promise to build up a second stroke, which will lead to swimming more events in the meets. Big A is doing really well with back stroke and Little A is swimming butterfly. I love seeing him following in my footsteps.
With all of their busy sports activity during the school year, I love that they have the opportunity for a recreational swim team. They are challenged, meeting new people, trying new things, and it's all just for fun. They actually want to work hard for those ribbons.
And so here is the part where I get to say thank you. I pushed for them to be on a summer swim team because I was on one. I remember the camaraderie, the team cheers, the feeling of winning and wanting to improve and I remember Daddy tying each ribbon we won to a button on his shirt. It meant the world to me.
Thank you for giving me that experience so I can now give it to my kids.
Happy summer.
Love,
Tracy

Here's why I'm writing Letters From Camp to my parents.

1 comment:

  1. Ditto to ALL of that! As the other half of the children in our family, I TOO appreciate all that our parents did for us to make us feel special, and to also help push us to be our best. we were very lucky to have been given so many opportunities to try so many different things - something I fear i won't be able to do for my children in turn. I'm trying though, a little here, a little there. So happy A and A are loving swimming and doing so well!! Here's to summer!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!