Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Reality Check And A Shout Out



If I were to be honest with myself, I could say that reality checks don't often happen for me. Not that I am avoiding reality, but quite the opposite. I feel I am living reality so intently every single day that there's nothing to check or better said, smack me blatantly and painfully in the face. I'm living it so it just melds into my daily routine.
Nine years ago when we opened a College Savings account for my daughter, 17 years later seemed so far away that it wasn't, to borrow some intelligent person's wording, looking at me blatantly in the face. Nine years and one Fourth Grade Farewell ceremony later, here I am being smacked blatantly and painfully in the face. If time continues moving in the same direction, forward, and at the same pace, 24 hours in a day, college will be here some time around, oh, Saturday. Oooops.
I remember working hard in the summers during college and thinking I was all set to start the semester. Then, I went to the bookstore to buy my books. 90% of what I had saved was gone. What about my parents, you ask? Well, they were paying for tuition, and I really thought that was plenty, so I never asked them for book money or spending money; their bills were a lot higher than mine. 
So, now, thankfully, there are other options for that hard earned summer money than buying books that are just discarded at the end of the semester. Here's the shout out part: Campus Book Rentals. With all sorts of perks, like 40% off text books prices, free shipping, a book buy-back program, and even donations from each rental to Operation Smile, I can think of many other places to spend that hard-earned summer money.
So, if you're panicking about how slowly quickly college shows up, here's one way to get some help. And, if you know of any others, let me know. I'm halfway there and Reality is Checking me out!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how fast it goes once you have kids. Mine are still little, but starting school soon! (Yikes!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!