Saturday, April 28, 2012

Y Is For Yes Honey, There Is A Difference



Yes, there is a difference, but between what you ask?
Being a SAHM (Stay At Home Mother) and a housewife. I almost used this for my H post (housewife), but the picture of the half and half bars was so pretty, I couldn't resist. So, back to "Yes, honey there is a difference."
Being a SAHM means being able to do fun things like reading to a classroom, attend class parties, help kids pick out books from the library, or go on field trips. It also means being able to do errands during the week when there are fewer people in the stores, I've come to detest weekend shopping. And my personal favorite: summers off. Summer vacation is my reward for the rest of the school year of homework, class projects and a lot of driving.
The difference is the housewife part. Cleaning, dusting, picking up toys, laundry, need I go on? This is the part I feel like I didn't sign up for. Yes, I have come to appreciate having the house tidy and neat and (mostly) clean, but it's not the reason why I chose to stay home with my kids.
So yes, there is a difference. And given the choice, I'd love to do just the SAHM part, but for now, I'm also doing the housewife part.

My A to Z posts are themed with food, parenting and life, but not necessarily in that order. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the A-Z challenge and following now too. This has been so much fun hasn't it? Have a great weekend and a great final challenge day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not in a relationship, however if I was it would have to be from a distance - lol!

    I've had my share of domestic works; other than cleaning up behind myself, those days are over and my daughter is grown so...

    I do understand the other half in your case though; if you have children and a husband - might as well get use to what you wouldn't have under different circumstance- signed up for!


    http://bettyalark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is definitely a difference, but I think the SAHM's are the only ones who really get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy, lovely to stop by and follow you :) Just wanted to say congrats - you won a prize in my A to Z Challenge Writing Prompts Contest!!! I really enjoyed both your entries! Pop by my blog to see what it is :)

    Hugs,

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so agree with you. I have been a SAHM on and off throughout my kids' lives (now currently working full time) but the housework - why why why?!!! Aren't the kids hard enough work by themselves??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!