Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V Is For Venting


V is for venting, and it's not always me venting, but I certainly do my share. It makes us feel good and often helps to realize we may not be the only person feeling a certain way, or experiencing something. One morning, while walking in the park, I passed one woman who was clearly venting while walking and talking on her cell phone. I heard bits and pieces about a mother, a Bat Mitzvah, and I'm sure more that I can't remember now. Later I heard two moms walking and venting about school. Venting is so good, and while I should probably feel annoyed listening to "venting in passing" I've done plenty of walking, talking, and venting myself.
Vent- you'll feel better.

My A to Z posts are themed with food, parenting and life, but not necessarily in that order. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I agree! However, I have to make sure I am not always venting. I tend to do that too much and spend no time counting my blessings. A good venting session is a wonderful thing though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Sometimes just spouting off a bit helps unclutter your thoughts and put things back into perspective :) And sometimes it's nice to be an ear for someone in need of venting for the same reasons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's my venting...

    I so want to buy the Lego Harry Potter, but the hubs is taking FOREVER to text me back to give me the go ahead.

    How inconsiderate of him!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vent: I'm irritated that I had to spend all morning and afternoon running errands, and then with all the other things I have to do at home during the day, I didn't really get much "me" time, which wouldn't be a big deal except that I didn't get much sleep last night and I'm feeling exhausted and I just wanted to have five minutes where all I had to do was "nothing."

    Whew! Thanks. :)

    (I enjoyed your post!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hear that and now, don't you feel better?!
      Thanks for visiting. :)

      Delete
  5. V for venting. Super! And necessary at times. So glad I visited your blog.

    If you've time, pop over to my blog. I'm the author of the Bella and Britt series for kids.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO TRUE! I think it's even more true for women than men, but I know men do it too, from time to time. I agree with your reasoning, and sometimes it just helps release the "steam" so we can think more clearly and deal with the problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! I never thought about holding my cell phone up to my ear and venting to no one but the air. :-) Your post just gave me that idea ;-) Venting is good, if we can do it and then let it go. I have a coworker who vents everyday...everyday...and it makes people avoid her. But, with purpose and then moving on, venting is wonderful :-) Good post. I saw your comment on the homepage and stopped to follow you. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!