Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P Is For Parchment Paper And Potato Chips


I love, love, love parchment paper. For anyone who has ever cooked with their oven, but hates the clean up, parchment paper is your new best friend and one of the best inventions ever. A fun thing to make on parchment paper is home made potato chips, you can even have fun by using different colored potatoes.
Here's how:
Heat your oven to 400 degrees
Wash your potatoes (and really, they can be just about any kind, but I like the smaller multicolored ones)
Thinly slice potatoes (you can use a food processor or mandolin for evenly sliced potatoes, or if you're having a particularly calm moment in the kitchen, go ahead and cut by hand)
Place potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

Sprinkle with salt.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until nice and crispy. (Ill be honest here, I didn't actually make a note of the time it took to make these, so watch your oven and your potatoes)
BTW- my kids LOVE these!

My A to Z posts are themed with food, parenting and life, but not necessarily in that order. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Those potato chips look yum!

    Hope you’re enjoying the challenge so far!
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - those chips looks so yummy! And in my humble opinion, mothers deserve sainthood. It is the only job that comes with a lifetime commitment once accepted.
    No time off. No sick days. No vacation. It is 24/7 forever.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, your lips to God's ears. Were you in my head yesterday? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. The chips look delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm betting my kids will love them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!