Saturday, April 14, 2012

M Is For Meringue Cookies


You just can't go wrong with egg whites, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips! These are my all time favorite cookies and they are really so easy, and light, and tasty that they just need to be shared. I started making these in high school as I believe it's important to know how to make your favorite foods. This way you can eat them any time, and easily share with others. Here's the recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
8 tablespoons suferfine sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (optional, but why wouldn't you?)

What's Next:
Preheat oven to 275.
Place the egg whites in the bowl of your mixer and let come to room temperature (about 30 minutes)
Beat on high.
When the whites become foamy, add vanilla. Then add sugar one tablespoon at a time.
When whites become stiff, stop beating.
Stiff egg whites are shiny and won't fall off the beater

Gently stir in chocolate chips.

Drop by spoonfuls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake for 45 minutes. Turn oven off, and let sit for another hour in the oven as it cools.

And there you have it! One of my favorite foods in the world!

My A to Z posts are themed with food, parenting and life, but not necessarily in that order. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what are you doing to me??? I've never heard of these and now I'm ready to make me some cookies.

    Drooling over how yummy these look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My younger daughter loves meringue cookies! Will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try them. They are so easy. Just don't do it on a humid day.They don't work as well. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. Hello, Fellow Challenger, from #399 - aka Rockin'Chair Reflections! You're a half-step away from making Pavlova, so you'll have to check out my food blog, when you visit. It's so hard to tell people just how delicious these are but, I never thought of the chocolate chips. (I'm not a chocolate person) Love them, love them, love them. And, they keep so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *checking the fridge now to see how many eggs are in there*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!