Monday, April 9, 2012

H Is For My Favorite *Halfs*

No, "halfs" is not technically a word, but for this post, I'm just going to go with it. 
My favorite "halfs" are:
Half and Half Bars. Yes, that is the deliciousness that is pictured above. No, I didn't actually make those, my father did and they were awesome. The recipe is my grandmother's and if you click here, you will get said recipe. These are so good, you'll want them for breakfast and not feel guilty when you have the second one with the second cup of coffee.
Half Days. This is a new one for me. I used to dread when my kids had half days. By the time they got to school, I was so desperate for a little me time that the half day was KILLER. Now, I love them. My kids are home early, but that leaves more time for homework, AND play. There is no lunch on half days, so that means one less morning to scramble though to get everyone out the door on time.
Half Full. This is how I live. I won't use the cliche because you know what I mean. That perspective is representative of the only way I know to be, and I'm willing to bet that at one time or another it's probably saved me without me even knowing it.
So, here's to the *Halfs* in my life.
Do you have any favorite "halfs" or "wholes"?

My A to Z posts are themed with food, parenting and life, but not necessarily in that order. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. Love looking at life half full. I'm not sure I'm all that successful at doing that when my kids have half days, though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Half Days are great! Of course, since I'm working I rarely get those.
    Great A-Z post!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I like the grouping. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge. Hope you'll visit back.
    I printed out your recipe. Yay, no chocolate. It gives me migraines (I lead a tragic life).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only half I can think right now is my half&half milk on my coffee. Nice post.

    From Diary of a Writer in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those half and half bars look so yummy! We don't really have any half days. In fact, since my kids started school, we haven't even had one due to snow. Sad!

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi...I'm hopping over from the A to Z challenge. Lovely blog...good luck with the challenge!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!