Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C Is For Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl Poundcake

I know, two food postings in a row. YUM! 
Chocolate and Cinnamon together- even more YUM!
This post includes a recipe that I have to share because it's so easy and so good. My kids love it and in my opinion, you just can't go wrong combining Cinnamon and Chocolate.
Amy, I know I tell you every day, but thanks for sharing this with me last summer. This is just one reason why my kids think you are so fabulous!


Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups sugar (separating out 1/2 cup)
  • 3 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 block of Baker's Semi-Sweet chocolate, grated
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
Next:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl mix the reserved 1/2 cup sugar with the 3 teaspoons of cinnamon. Set aside.
  3. Into a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, salt and remaining 2 cups sugar.
  4. In a separate bowl combine eggs, milk and oil then add to flour mixture.
  5. Pour half of the batter into prepared loaf pans.
  6. Sprinkle half of the chocolate cinnamon sugar mixture into the pans. Pour the remaining batter into the pans then top with the rest of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Using a skewer or knife swirl the batter around being careful to reach the bottom layer so that you will have a nice swirl pattern when sliced.
  7. Bake for 45-50 minutes checking with a toothpick because ovens vary.


My A to Z posts are themed with food, parenting and life, but not necessarily in that order. Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I need - an easy recipe for idiots :-) I can't bake, but I can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell this as I read it. Yum....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm,never thought of chocolate with cinnamon! Sounds yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe! xox


    Elizabeth

    A to Z co-host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing combination, LOVE IT.

      Delete
  4. Oh my - I just gained 5 pounds! YUM. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I've also had a great time checking out new blogs- loving the A to Z. I've got some reading to do!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! I don't know if I can follow your blog, as all your creations are delicious and I gave up sweets for Lent. Only a few more days and I will be back...maybe even too bake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just come back after Easter! There are some great food-letters I've come across.

      Delete
  6. Hi Tracy, cinnamon is my favourite ingredient! Looks like a lovely cake!

    This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Duncan. I'm looking forward to getting to as many of the A to Z blogs I can- it's been so much fun so far.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!