Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Good Ides (of March): The Lucky 7 MEME


I've been tagged by Jennifer Lee Young over at Castles in the Sky with the Lucky 7 MEME! Jennifer is also the guest blogger for Julie Hedlund's 12 x 12 post this week- so hop on over and read her awesome interview
What exactly is a MEME? I'll be honest here, while the term sounded familiar, I wouldn't have been able to regurgitate a definition without a bit of a question in my voice. In short, it's an idea spread through a culture. So, in my little culture of writers, moms and foodies I'm looking forward to sharing my turn with the Lucky 7 MEME.



These are the rules to the Lucky 7 MEME:


1. Go to page 77 of your current ms. (Since mine is a children's early reader, I'll go to page 7)

2. Go to line 7.

3. Copy down the next 7 lines/sentences, and post them as they're written. No cheating.

4. Tag 7 other victims, er, authors.



From: The Adventures of a Pizza and a Juice Box (working title), and for a little background and clarification- yes, my characters are kids who are food.


“No. I need a guitar,” Bratwurst said. “That one looks pretty good. It’s new, isn’t it?”
“Yup, but it’s not available.”
The four friends moved closer and linked elbows. Cake held on tightly to Pizza.
Bratwurst looked stunned.
No one had ever formed a group and stood  against him like that. Not only was he outnumbered, but he didn’t even have three friends who would protect him in the same way.
Brat stopped staring at the guitar and his shoulders slumped. He just looked at Pizza and his friends.  Pizza thought Bratwurst looked sad. He had an idea.
“I was thinking.” Pizza said.  “I built a skateboard last summer. Would you like to take a turn riding it before you move?”
 





Now, to tag 7 other authors. These are blogs that I follow and try to read from wherever I am which usually involves my car and my phone. Where would I be without the invention of smartphones????? So, check out their sites, and thanks again Jennifer for the shout out. This is my first foray into sharing my WiP publicly....


Jessica Therrien

Shelley Sly

Tina at Life Is Good

Jessica K. McKendry at Write. Skate. Dream

Patricia Marques

SA Larsen 

Kirsten Larsen at Creating Curious Kids




5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that was cute, but also made me kinda hungry. Is that bad? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you- I so hope people get the concept! As far as the hungry part goes- believe me, it's tricky. I've never addressed these characters physically eating, as it gives me the creeps! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I'll try to get this done tomorrow, but if not, I will after the challenge. I'm honored you tagged me and will definitely participate, it's just that my life is chaotic to say the least...
    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, geez, I love that you used food as characters!! And thank you for the tag. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I can't wait to read what others have written. Glad you like the food as characters. Let's hope that editors and agents will feel the same!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!