Tuesday, February 28, 2012

There's Nothing Like The Smell Of...

Pancakes in the morning. That's right, today is National Pancake Day. YUM! YAY! And all that good stuff.
In honor of the day, my kids were so excited, I actually made pancakes for breakfast this morning, which is something I stopped doing on school days several years ago. With three kids to get dressed, three lunches to prepare, two snacks, and whatever papers are floating around the house that need to go into back packs, there just isn't time. But today was a special day so I decided to be supermom and make pancakes.
And, as is normal with my kids, one required chocolate chips, the other refused the fake syrup (high fructose corn syrup) and opted for powdered sugar instead, and the third decided on oatmeal. :)
Happy National Pancake Day!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh - we'll have to have pancakes for dinner! I didn't know it was National Pancake Day - a wonderful excuse to eat those wonderful little circles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. National Pancake Day?? Why have I not heard of this awesomeness?

    And I've never had a chocolate chip pancake :( I am indeed sheltered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sheltered! Chocolate chip pancakes are delish, but with syrup they're a bit much so I like them with powdered sugar. Let me know if you try them!

      Delete
  3. How did I miss National Pancake Day? I made them this morning for my kids, but a couple of days ago, I had a craving for them out of the blue. Hmmm, I wonder if my subconscious knew. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to pancakes, I think the subconscious always knows. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!