Friday, February 3, 2012

Perfect Picture Books- Monster Countdown

It's Perfect Picture Book Friday! This book is one of my favorites because with the following of monsters and counting backwards, the story never gets old! Enjoy!



Title:Monster Countdown
Written by: Pamela Jane
Illustrated by: Nick Zarin-Ackerman
Published by Mondo Publishing, 2001
Suitable for: Ages 3-7.
Theme/Topics: Monsters, counting, fun
Overview/Synopsis: "My house is full of monsters. They keep me on the run. Ready for the countdown? Let's go from ten to one!" The story continues following a child around the house as the monsters are frolicking and counted down.
Activities: What I usually do with this book is count the monsters on each page. Talk about the colors and the funny hiding places.
Why I Chose This Book: This book came from an author visit and it was a great choice. The rhymes are cute and the pictures are fun. We do love the counting and I think it has helped my son with learning his numbers.

15 comments:

  1. I love monsters, and these are some very cute monsters, indeed! One of my boys is obsessed with the disappearing butterflies in Goodnight, Sweet Butterflies, so I bet he'd love this one, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Goodnight Sweet Butterflies also! My older son, now 8, loved it when he was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great counting book. Lobe it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Great choice, thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that it's counting down, instead of up -- that makes it unique. Kids certainly love monsters! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like we have a monster theme today -- last week it was trucks. This sounds like a wonderful book that involves counting. Great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We seem to have several dog counting books. We may need to expand to monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun, friendly monsters! It sounds like a fun counting book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a fun counting book, and I do like the aspect of counting backwards instead of forwards. I'm not a neurologist, but I feel like that activity would be good for the brain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Choice, Tracy.
    Monster books are so much fun..and especially great for kids who are a little anxious about them...when they are funny, it helps relieve the fears. And counting...and rhyme...what could be better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm just popping back to say that I've awarded you a Liebster Blog Award. For details, check out this post on my blog: http://www.bethstilborn.com/the-liebster-fest-continues/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vivian, thank you! As I just recently found out, my daughter was afraid of monsters but didn't have the courage to tell us, which explains the years of us waking to an additional person in our bed. Wish I had had this book then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beth! Thank you so much! I have never been awarded an award before so I thank you for considering me! I will pass the Liebster Award and try to think of things people may not know about me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!