Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Liebster Award (I'm Blushing)

I am proud and honored to say that I have been awarded the Liebster Award from Beth Stilborn, fellow author, blogger, 12 X 12 participant and Perfect Picture Book participant.  I haven't met Beth but we do cross paths regularly on Fridays. Beth, I love reading your blog and am honored to have received this award from you!

What is a Liebster you ask????

“Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to these wonderful blogs!”


As Uncle Ben said in the movie Spider Man, "With great power, comes great responsibility." I'm going to adjust that a bit, and say that with a great honor, comes great responsibility. So, now for my responsibilities as a recipient of this award. 


Thank the person who gave it to me: Thank you again Beth!


Here are five random things about me that you probably didn't know. Let me just say here that this is proving more difficult than I thought as I have shared so much about myself on this blog:

  • I'm a sucker for just about anything from Stephen King
  • While the term "foodie" didn't exist when I was in high school, I'm realizing that I've been one for a very long time. 
  • If I had a live-in foot masseuse I would never leave home.
  • I learned that I am claustrophobic the hard way- scuba diving in Australia.
  • Age is just a number. How do I know that? I can still (at 41) do a round off back handspring in gymnastics and I LOVE it!
Here are the five blogs to check out and to whom I will pass on this award:
*I wish I had more time to read and follow more blogs, but in all of these, I love the humor, the illustrations and writing, and that I am clearly not the only performing the daily juggling act. 
The Lucky 13s
Jersey Girl Draws
Christie's Scribbles and Stitches
Castles in the Sky
Writing With Hope


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award :) And I'm mid 30's and love playing soccer more than I did as a kid, age is nothin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, totally tape record that back hand spring and post it! Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracy,

    Love King too! I remember the first writer's guide I read was his book, On Writing: A Memoir of The Craft.

    Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for thinking of me. I'm very honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award. I finally feel as if I'm coming into my own now I just need to keep moving forward. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!