Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's Cookie Time!


I started making Christmas cookies today. Not a huge deal, but it's something I do every year, and actually look forward to doing with my kids. The funny thing is that 10 years ago (right after my daughter was born) I thought we'd be making cookies the next week! Boy was I wrong. It took me a long time to realize that kids have to be of a certain age to participate in the great cookie extravaganza that hits our house every December.
So, I learned to be patient and wait until my daughter was old enough to actually participate in cookie making, and that was about 7 years ago. Now, on my third child and with a little experience under my belt, I had the pleasure of making cookies with my youngest who was so proud of decorating all by himself. Even if you are not a baker, and even if you prefer a really clean kitchen, this is worth the mess. And while I hate cleaning my kitchen, the fun (and ease of making Spritz cookies) is worth the clean up.

2 comments:

  1. With no experience under my belt, I needed to hear this. With a 1.5 year old, I let him help when he shows interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, that's the best thing you can do. A little help here and there leads them to eventually crack an egg without getting shells in the batter. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!