Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I love Cheerios!

At the wonderful time when babies begin to eat solids (around 6 months old) and learn how to chew (around 8 or 9 months old) there is the double edged sword of a fear of choking (one of my greatest fears) and the freedom that comes with easier travel and portable foods- such as Cheerios. What I love about Cheerios is that you can break them in half early on and watch as your baby learns how to chew. With my youngest, I could see him taking the Cheerio from his tongue and moving it to the side of his mouth to chew. He has no teeth but of course it still works.

The people at General Mills have truly cornered a market here. I would bet (and this is just a guess on my part) that when they made Cheerios the purpose had nothing to do with being an early chewing food for babies. How fortunate are we that it worked out this way?! Not only does my baby love them, but my older kids will snack on the baby's Cheerios and my husband will always go to the Cheerios box when he needs a healthy breakfast. Everybody wins.

So, if you want to get out of the house and feel like you have a good healthy snack on hand-work those Cheerios! They are healthy, portable, and a great food for people of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I LOVE comments!